This book is a comprehensive overview of what is taught in Steiner-Waldorf schools, and why. As well as describing the content and methods of the Waldorf curriculum, this book provides a clear overview of the ideas behind the approach. It includes:
- a summary of the ideas underpinning this unique form of education
- a survey of child development in relation to the curriculum
- a description of key elements in the Waldorf approach
- sections on evaluation and assessment
- early-years education
- a horizontal curriculum for Classes 1 to 12
- a vertical curriculum for each subject
This handbook is indispensable for all Waldorf schools and teachers.
Previously published as The Educational Tasks and Content of the Steiner Waldorf Curriculum
(Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship).
Martyn Rawson was a class teacher in York (UK) and has taught English, art history, and anthropology in Germany. His is involved in teacher training and in promoting Waldorf education wherever possible.
Kevin Avison has been a teacher in both public and Steiner/Waldorf schools and is an executive officer of the Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship. He has two grown children, both of whom received a Waldorf education. He lives in Stourbridge, England.