The Maria Thun Biodynamic Almanac is now in its 59th year. This useful guide shows the optimum days for sowing, pruning, and harvesting various plants and crops, as well as working with bees. It includes Thun's unique insights, which go above and beyond the standard information presented in many other lunar calendars. It is presented in color with clear symbols and explanations.
The almanac includes a pullout wallchart that can be pinned up in a barn, workshop or garage as a handy quick reference.
· Biodynamics is a holistic, ecological, and ethical approach to gardening and farming
· The original, and still the best, biodynamic almanac, now in its 59th year
· Lifetime sales of more than 100,000 copies in English
· The perennially popular guide to sowing, planting and harvesting
· Created by biodynamic pioneer Maria Thun
· With dates and times for use in North America
· Useful for both backyard gardeners and professional farmers
Matthias Thun achieved a Masters in Beekeeping in 1966 and has kept bees for more than fifty years. The son of Maria Thun, the biodynamic pioneer, Matthias is continuing his mother's research into the effects of the moon, planets, and stars on biodynamic agricultural methods and has lectured on beekeeping at international biodynamic conferences and training seminars. He is the author of Biodynamic Beekeeping: A Sustainable Way to Keep Happy, Healthy Bees (2020) and produces the annual biodynamic guides Maria Thun Biodynamic Calendar and When Wine Tastes Best.